The application and others infomation of the workshop might be changed depending on the situation of COVID - 19 in the region. Every decisions will be make to esure the safety of participants, speakers, organizations and all others who will be involved in the workshop. Stay tuned for more updates!
- Between the ages of 20 and 30 at the time of application;
- A YSEALI member – if you are not a YSEALI member yet, please click here to register and become a member;
- A citizen of ASEAN countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam) or Timor-Leste and residing in these countries;
- Proficient in English language skills;
- Have the ability to actively participate in at least 36 hours during the workshop activities (that will take place outside office hours) from November 2021 to January 2022;
- Should show a serious interest in learning about the health sector;
- Should demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university, place of work, and/or community;
- Should commit to returning to their home country to apply leadership skills and knowledge gained to benefit their community, country, or Southeast Asia region.
Before filling in the application form, please ensure you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions. Some common questions about our workshop program and preparation for the application can be found on the "FAQs for application" below and also on the Support page.
If you are interested in the workshop “Enhancing ASEAN Human Capital in Health” and would like to apply, please keep in mind the following dates:
• Application deadline (extended to 3 Oct, 2021): All applications submitted after this date will not be accepted. The application will be closed at end of the day. No late application is accepted for any reason.
• Result announcement (late Oct 2021): If your application is approved, you will receive an email sent by the workshop “Enhancing ASEAN Human Capital in Health” Organization Committee to the email address you have provided in your application form. Please check your email occasionally (sometimes emails may be filtered to the SPAM box, just make sure to check all your mailboxes). Unfortunately, due to a large number of applicants, we will not be able to email those whose applications were not approved.
• Confirmation of attendance (late Oct 2021): For successful applicants, you will have to confirm that you can attend the workshop within a week after the result announcement. Late confirmation means you are unable to attend, and the offer will be passed on to another applicant.
• The workshop will accept the 100 most suitable and qualified applicants.
If you’re a citizen of any member country of YSEALI member countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor- Leste, Vietnam), you can go to: Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative, and register as a YSEALI member there.
The workshop will be conducted in English so all participants must be proficient fluent in written and spoken English. Therefore, you should use English in the application for it to be eligible.
Unfortunately, this program is only for citizens of any of the 10 ASEAN countries or Timor-Leste. You will need to show proof that you live, study, or work in any of these countries.
The evaluation committee will thoroughly screen all applicants for their eligibility and then grade them on their experience, motivation, and commitment to the workshop. We are looking for a rich and diverse pool of participants in terms of age, gender, fields of work or study, places of work or living etc. Therefore, we encourage applications from ethnic minorities, applicants from provincial regions outside their respective countries’ capitals, and individuals with backgrounds other than the health sector to apply. Those working or studying in areas such as social work, education, economics, or other sectors with the goal of promoting health and well-being for the community are also welcome.
We will notify the participants of their status no later than November 1st, 2021.